We are hiring smart and innovative thinkers.
Business Support Consultant
Do you enjoy the complexity and responsibility of investment systems? Do you thrive in an open, agile and self-motivated team environment? Are you up to the challenge of being part of this dynamic and fast-growing software company?
Company: Fundamental Software (Pty) Ltd
Product: The Fundamental Portfolio Manager (FPM) is an innovative end-to-end Investment Management solution that utilizes modern technology to provide a functionally rich and versatile platform that supports the Front, Middle and Back Office requirements of investment companies managing institutional, retail, and multi-manager funds. FPM is Southern Africa’s leading Investment Management system with more than 15 clients managing assets in excess of R1 trillion.
Position: Fundamental Software is looking for a Business Support Consultant with financial markets experience and strong analytical, problem solving and communication skills; to join our team.
The Business Services area comprises of three primary functions, namely Business Support, QA and Regression Testing
As a Business Support Consultant, you will be responsible for providing functional expertise to the Fundamental Portfolio Manager (FPM) end-users.
Consultants need to exhibit a broad level of competence and are required to gain a thorough
understanding of system functionality and client business processes. It is particularly important to
understand client requirements and the way in which they utilize the software as well as the
market/s in which they operate.
The candidate should be able to work well under pressure and liaise with a variety of stakeholders both internally and externally at all seniority levels.
It is important to be able to categorize and prioritize development requirements across the entire
client base and understand the impact and severity of functional and technical changes.
• Adopt the role as the “face of the company” and take responsibility as the first point of call for
• Ensure that clients are utilizing the software in the best possible way and highlight additional
module utilization wherever it may be beneficial
• Receive requests from clients and ensure that they are followed through to completion within the agreed SLA
• Monitor progress of any product bugs or enhancement requests from clients and ensure that
all interested parties are kept informed at all times
• Liaise with development staff to ensure that client priorities are attended to under the agreed
and communicated time frames
• Confidently conduct client meetings and ensure that accurate minutes are maintained
• Work within a team to recognize specific areas of strength and weakness to ensure that
assistance is provided to colleagues where required and gained when needed
• Testing and analyzing the product to ensure that the quality is maintained to the highest of
• Compiling and updating product documentation
• Working closely with the other internal teams as required
• Time tracking for statistical and billing purposes
For the right candidate, this is an exciting opportunity to play a key role at a rapidly growing software company who associates with the best of the best in every sphere.
- Timing: Immediate
- Education: Degree with exposure to finance, maths, stats or accounting is preferable.
- Position Type: Permanent (with initial 6-month probation period)
- Experience: Minimum of 2 years back office investment experience